Thursday, November 14, 2024

It's Not Too Late: YSC, Day 158: Brianna

Prompt: "A song that sounds best coming from a car stereo while the windows are down on a foggy night"

Selected by Brianna


"Dud"
GUM and Ambrose Kenny-Smith
Ill Times, 2024

Over the years, years consisting of many long drives across states and counties, Shane and I have accumulated a running list of ~driving~ songs. The songs fit the following criteria:
  • Are songs we both like (duh)
  • Are songs that are not so slow or unenergetic that we'd fall asleep at the wheel
  • Are songs that are fun to sing along with
  • Are songs that inspire a bobbing movement; for safety purposes this would typically involve a head bob, but if given an open road without the threat of state troopers, this would involve bobbing and weaving across lanes in tandem with the beat
While I would not encourage the last bullet point in a state of fog, I do believe this fun and groovy song hits upon all that quite easily. As a matter of fact, I'll be putting my theory to the test this afternoon on my drive home from work, and am looking quite forward to it.

No comments: