Prompt: "The least appropriate song to play at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade"
Selected by Bridget
"Ms. New Booty"
Bubba Sparxxx ft. Ying Yang Twins & Mr. Collipark
single, 2005
I had a reminder set on my phone all day to write this day's challenge and just never got around to it. So when I was listening to my pre-work pump-up playlist, this banger came on! And I thought to myself... if this song was performed at the Macy's Day Parade, the crowd wouldn't be thrilled. But you know who would be thrilled? Me! I have loved this song since the first time I heard it in 2006. It's such a stupid little song with absolutely ridiculous lyrics. But every three months, when it comes on a random playlist, I always listen to the whole song on full blast. This Thanksgiving, as we are all celebrating and being thankful, I hope we all say our thanks to Bubba Sparxxx for putting this gem into the musical ether.
No comments:
Post a Comment