Wednesday, November 27, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 165: Allison

Prompt: "A song featuring a lyric that you totally used for your AIM away message at one point"

Selected by Allison


"Seasons"
Good Charlotte
Good Charlotte, 2000

I was thinking about this song all day, and then I realized I was actually thinking of "Screamer," a different song from the same Good Charlotte album. "Screamer" might be the better song, but my AIM screen name from middle school into high school was GCSeasons555*, so I gotta give it up. This might be up there with my lamest blog confessions, but you know what? If not here, then where?

I miss AIM. I think I really pop in chat form. A good portion of my current professional success can be chalked up to working 100% remotely and communicating mainly through Teams. You can always count on me to be camera off but lurking in the chat with a quick zinger, an out-of-the-box emoji choice, or a cheeky thumbs-up. I haven't gotten creative with my away messages or out-of-office replies, though. Tempting as it may be. I have to draw the line somewhere.

9 comments:

Nate said...

Incredible screen name confession, thank you for your bravery.

Joe K said...

How were me and you the only ones who dropped their AIM names in their post today?! I thought for sure there'd be other confessions.

Zach said...

FINE. jcoral128 thanks to my inexplicable love for the baseball player Joey Cora and his number being 28 and the fact that jcora28 was taken so I made it jcora128 and then at sleepaway camp they passed around a list on the last day of everyone's contact info including AIM screennames and they miswrote mine as jcoral128 so as to not be fully ignored by my camp friends I just changed my screen name to jcoral128.

Allison said...

In numerology, 555 is considered to be an angel number that is said to represent change, good luck, transformation, freedom, and personal growth.

In this case, I won a game of Pay Day as a kid by rolling a bunch of 5s in a row and adopted it as my lucky number...

Sara said...

How is every fact about you so funny. Start the memoir, my guy!!

Sara said...

CMSchica2003 then my mom made me change it because there was too much personal information in it. Lori was a cyber security expert before they existed.

Joe K said...

@ Zach — I was praying that I'd google and find a famous person or historical figure named Jimmy Coral, but no dice.

Joe K said...

@ Sara — was the personal information that you attended C***** Middle School, graduated in '03, and knew how to speak Spanish?

Sara said...

Yes to all the above lmao