Prompt: "A song whose title starts with the first letter of your last name and ends with the last letter of your first name"
Selected by Allison
"Never Going Back Again"
Matchbox Twenty
Legacy: A Tribute to Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, 1998
Here's a real shit cover for a change. This prompt was hard enough, and the original, as lovely as it is, just wasn't inspiring me. This cover, however, is bad. I hate it. Maybe I was looking for something to be mad about. Things are pretty good right now; the new couch is working out great, and the sinkhole was filled in yesterday. I've got nothing to complain about.
Enter: this song. God, it's bad. Slow, flat, depressing. This cover appeared on the 1998 compilation album Legacy: A Tribute to Fleetwood Mac's Rumours in honor of the original's 20th anniversary. I couldn't find the album in its entirety, but in addition to this pitiful offering from Matchbox Twenty, you can find a cover of "Second Hand News" by Tonic and "I Don't Wanna Know" by the Goo Goo Dolls. The '90s!
1 comment:
I wonder if this sound is closer in spirit to the original song's intentions, which are: "I hate my wife." Or maybe this version sucks because Rob Thomas does not hate his wife.
Post a Comment