Prompt: "A song featuring nudity"
Selected by Brianna
"Naked Kids"
GROUPLOVE
Never Trust a Happy Song, 2011
I haven't listened to this song in ages, but it came to my mind first when I saw the prompt. This could definitely invoke a story of nostalgia and the lyrical bits support this strongly, but honestly, I'm feeling a little tapped out on writing about the past. I did, however, just begin my spring break and have some reflections on that.
I tend to feel a lot of pressure during my time off. Like if I'm not using my time productively that I'm setting myself up for failure when school kicks back in. I try to be mindful to plan something to accomplish each day, but it starts to add up. A day for spring cleaning (a large task for the only female in a house of four), a day for seeing friends I haven't checked in on in a while, a day for seeing family, a day for school work and lesson plans for the last stretch of the school year, a day for other everything. Next thing you know, I'm all out of days!
It's a dumb thing to complain about, I know, but I'm being honest. Even right now, although I do enjoy writing these things, this is just one of my productive tasks I needed to do today.
No comments:
Post a Comment