Prompt: "The song that someone told you was their favorite song and in that moment you knew for certain that they had different taste in music than you"
Selected by Allison
"It Happens Every Time"
Dream Street
Dream Street, 2001
I have two sisters. Kristin is just about two years younger than me, and Becca is nine years younger. Two years is negligible when it's 36 and 34, but there are miles between fourteen and twelve. In our teenage years, we could not have been more different. Kristin was fully committed to boybands and bubblegum pop, while I was loitering in Hot Topics and penciling smudgy eyeliner tears in the school bathroom. Kristin was obsessed with Dream Street. It was nauseating. Her room was covered with their posters and Tiger Beat centerfolds. Mom even took her to the mall to meet them around the time this song was released. I somehow did not get the same treatment when the goth death-metal band Kittie was signing autographs at that same mall. Classic sibling rivalry.
No comments:
Post a Comment