Saturday, March 23, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 37: Laura

Prompt: "A song whose title starts with the first letter of your last name and ends with the last letter of your first name"

Selected by Laura


"California"
Phantom Planet
The Guest, 2002

After re-reading this prompt a few times to make sure I was getting the letters right from my own damn name ("C" and "A"), the first thing that came to mind were songs about California. Shortly following this epiphany was the immense nostalgia of this song. I only watched maybe a few episodes of The O.C. before I gave up on the drama and moved on to other shows. I was more of a reality TV Laguna Beach girl (see my earlier post from Day 30). Even so, this song still existed on many of my early-2000s burned CDs. This song is warm weather, summer, staying out all night, and the freedom from responsibility that is being a teenager. I love it and I love that this prompt gave me a great reminder of this pure gem of a song. Hopping over to Spotify now to add it to my playlist and bring it back into my life for good.

No comments: