Thursday, March 28, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 39: Jeanine

Prompt: "A song featuring nudity"

Selected by Jeanine


"Wild Thoughts"
DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna and Bryson Tiller
Grateful, 2017

I really can't stand DJ Khaled's music. The only reason why I like this is because it samples Santana's "Maria Maria," which is a far superior song. The DJ Khaled song doesn't so much sample "Maria Maria" as it just uses the entire song, not just one part. When it would come on the radio, I would get confused at first, because I thought it was Santana. 

My acid reflux is raging right now. As I typed that, I realized what a 40-year-old thing to say, although to be fair, I've been saying it since I was nineteen. My stomach and throat are burning right now.

1 comment:

Pat said...

DJ Khaled kinda sucks, unless you imagine that everything he does is just an extended piece of performance art (like I do). Then, boneheaded things like getting lost on jet ski become the 21st century's most brilliant moments of comedy.