We are at the end of the road here for Two Degrees to Record Club, and we're trying to go out with a bang. In addition to reviewing an album that everyone already knows and loves, this is a CHARITY WEEK. We're gonna do it a little differently than we have in the past, however. Instead of x amount of money for each review, I'm going to be donating $.01 for every word in every review combined. The more you write, the more is donated. Get creative! This week's charity is Project HOME.
WEEK 138 — September 19-25, 2021
What we're listening to this week:
ARTIST: Fleetwood Mac
WHO "PICKED" THE ALBUM: Sunny's friend Avni
THE REVIEW SHE WAS FEATURED IN: Sunny's Wild like Children review
HOW WE GOT HERE: Pretty simple! Sunny just texted her and asked her what her favorite album of all time was!
The story here is probably the choice, as opposed to the choosing. Fleetwood Mac's Rumours was mentioned before as an album that we would (or should) probably never do.
I'm also pretty sure that Sean tried to pick Rumours after I wrote that, and I told him no. The circumstances are different now!
So anyways, we're doing Rumours. For charity.
WILL AVNI WRITE A REVIEW: "If there's anyone in the world I'd be more mortified about reading my unedited music thoughts, it's her." —Sunny
ALBUM RELEASED: February 4, 1977
WHAT GENRE IS THIS: Hmm, good question. Soft rock? Folk rock? Is "classic rock" a genre signifier now? How about "boomer rock"?
TRACKLIST:
- Second Hand News
- Dreams
- Never Going Back Again
- Don't Stop
- Go Your Own Way
- Songbird
- The Chain
- You Make Loving Fun
- I Don't Want to Know
- Oh Daddy
- Gold Dust Woman
LENGTH: 39:52
WHERE TO LISTEN FOR FREE: YouTube (only the first eleven songs on that playlist!)
READING SOME SHIT: I couldn't find anything! jk, jk. Honestly you could probably just read the Wikipedia page, right? Or enter the gossip columns about how Fleetwood Mac is still fighting. Or just watch the best joke about Rumours.
PREVIOUSLY ON RECORD CLUB: We just talked about the Record Plant in Sausalito, CA, a few weeks ago, since Before These Crowded Streets and Lost and Gone Forever were both recorded that. Rumours too! Sweet! Also—and this is a bit more tangential—but if you've listened to Halsey's new album, you'll hear some Lindsey Buckingham shredding!
Happy listening, Avni! Have a great week!



No comments:
Post a Comment