Sunday, February 14, 2021

Album of the Week: Come On Over

It's time to snuggle in with your lover, listen to some good music, exchange Hallmark cards, buy flowers and take a picture of them for the 'Gram telling all your social media followers how great of a significant other is and how lucky you are to have them, eat chocolates, check out the archives, probably have sex to the sweet sounds of the Record Club playlist, and then go to bed knowing you had a successful St. Valentine's Day.

WEEK 107 — February 14-20, 2021

What we're listening to this week (Sara's pick):


ALBUM:
Come On Over
ARTIST: Shania Twain

RELEASED: November 4, 1997

WHAT GENRE IS THIS: Country, duh

WHY SARA PICKED IT: "I wanted an album that was about Valentine's Day but I could only think of my favorite Shania Twain ballads. So, I picked probably her most well-known album with pop crossover hits. T*ylor Sw*ft who?!"

TRACKLIST**:
  1. Man! I Feel like a Woman!
  2. I'm Holdin' On to Love (to Save My Life)
  3. Love Gets Me Every Time
  4. Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)
  5. From This Moment On
  6. Come On Over
  7. When
  8. Whatever You Do! Don't!
  9. If You Wanna Touch Her, Ask!
  10. You're Still the One
  11. Honey, I'm Home
  12. That Don't Impress Me Much
  13. Black Eyes, Blue Tears
  14. I Won't Leave You Lonely
  15. Rock This Country!
  16. You've Got a Way
**Apparently the above tracklist is the "original version," and there is also an "international version" with remixed songs and a completely different tracklist. I checked Spotify and they feature the original version. I tried pirating the album and all I could find was the international version. Listening to the original version is probably preferable in my opinion, but I don't know if it'll ultimately make a difference in your reviews. Just wanted you to be aware of this.

LENGTH: 60:06

WHERE TO LISTEN FOR FREE: YouTube (the original version's tracklist)

READING SOME SHIT: First, you should know that this is the ninth-best selling album of all time, which is something that Record Club will probably never top it in its coverage (unless some asshole picks, like, Rumours or something). So you can read that list HERE. And second, I figured Rolling Stone would have a nice feature from the '90s about Shania Twain, and sure enough, you can find it HERE.

Happy listening, fam! Have a great week!

No comments: