Sunday, February 21, 2021

Album of the Week: And It's Still Alright

Hey, did you know that you can get a preview as to the following week's Album of the Week if you check out the Record Club Archives on Friday mornings? I usually have it updated by then with the day's submitted reviews, and I'll throw the title/artist of the next album up there too. In case you wanna get a jump on the new album over the good parts of the weekend! (Unless you are spending your weekend jamming out to the Record Club Playlist, in which case, who am I to stop you?)

So if you haven't already, check out this week's album below. For the first time in Record Club history, Sean has picked an album from an artist who is NOT from New Jersey.

WEEK 108 — February 21-27, 2021

What we're listening to this week (Sean E.'s pick):


ALBUM:
And It's Still Alright
ARTIST: Nathaniel Rateliff
 
RELEASED: February 14, 2020
 
WHAT GENRE IS THIS: Wikipedia lists "Folk," my limited experience with Rateliff was more Americana/neo-blues/country, but maybe this is a slight departure, we'll see!

WHY SEAN PICKED IT: "I liked his other albums and Wendy suggested I pick this one."

TRACKLIST:
  1. What a Drag
  2. And It's Still Alright
  3. All or Nothing
  4. Expecting to Lose
  5. Tonight #2
  6. Mavis
  7. You Need Me
  8. Time Stands
  9. Kissing Our Friends
  10. Rush On
LENGTH: 42:13

WHERE TO LISTEN FOR FREE: Bandcamp

READING SOME SHIT: Plenty of interviews out there, so let's check out this one with The Current.

Happy listening, fam! Have a great week!

No comments: