Monday, January 29, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 14: Boober

Prompt: "The most recent song you heard for the first time"

Selected by Boober


"Sunsets"
Caroline Polachek
Desire, I Want to Turn into You, 2023

So I met a this person through a friend, and we have just become music buddies. That was all we really had in common, nothing more than that. We will randomly send each other new music recs, and this was the latest one, and let me tell you: it slaps.

From the first line, "These days, I wear my body like an invited guest / I turn it right and right and right instead of turning left," it just hit me, and I thought, okay... this song gets it.

I feel like lately I've been doing things with extra steps. Instead of turning right three times, I could've saved myself a lot of hassle and headache by just going left and getting to the same spot.

I don't know if it's because I'm a professional procrastinator or I'm stubborn, but the song and those words in particular sat heavy on my mind the past week.

Oh and if we have any Legend of Zelda fans... yes this does have a Gerudo Valley feel to it, and that's just another reason I've been loving this song.

3 comments:

Joe K said...

Oh shit, this is the song that me and Pam were convinced was the song over the opening credits to Season 2 of The White Lotus. I forgot about that.

Laura said...

I think you’re on to something, Joe! That’s definitely White Lotus!!

Boober said...

I will never be able to listen to this the same way