Prompt: "The song you think of when you think about your first crush"
Selected by Sunny
"The Scientist"
Coldplay
A Rush of Blood to the Head, 2002
South Jersey highschoolers (such as PoYB regular contributor Sam) may be familiar with a male parody beauty pageant called "Mr. Kingsway," of which I won Best Legs my year. After all the comedic antics, you have a girl escort you in a tux, you know, in the final "category." My first serious crush escorted me, but not to this song. Rather, we walked out to "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain. That song is even cheesier than this one; we both agreed it was a mistake immediately after the walk, and that "The Scientist" should have been/was/is our song. Charming youth stuff.
I find myself being less and less charmed by Coldplay's shtick as the years wane by. Some of those old songs seem cringe now, much like today's prompt makes me feel. Still, A Rush of Blood to the Head was pretty good, I can enjoy a dose of nostalgia.
No comments:
Post a Comment