See the rest of the exit surveys HERE.
Absolutely! It seems like Hadsel helped us all relax a little. Happy to be of service to my fellow bloggers.
2. How was the variety of opinions? A wide range, kinda samey, or somewhere in the middle?
I think we all found the album strong on escapist European vacation vibes.
3. Were there any differing opinions that made you view the album in a different light?
I think Nate really captured it with "Hadsel sounds like the most lush and ornate carousel music ever composed, the title track especially so."
4. Was there anything about this album or this artist that you wished that people would've written about more?
I really appreciated that Joe talked about the background of the artist and the album. I think it really adds dimension to the listen. I'm not surprised no one really dove into the lyrics, they're almost impossible to discern.
5. How do you feel about your album choice now that the week is over? A success? Any regrets?
It seemed like a really unpolarizing pick. No one had super strong feeling one way or the other, but overall leaning positive. Which makes for, dare I say it, easy listening.
6. Any other takeaways from the reviews? Or from this experience in general?
The album and Beirut overall doesn't shout at you or DEMAND that you listen. It beckons you.
7. What is an improvement that Record Club can make that would enhance everyone's experience, either as a captain or as a listener/writer?
I'm lovin' all the new columns!

No comments:
Post a Comment