Monday, January 29, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 14: Jeanine

Prompt: "The most recent song you heard for the first time"

Selected by Jeanine


"My House"
single, 2023

I picked the most recent new release I heard for the first time. What an amazing surprise, waking up to this banger on the morning of the Renaissance film release. It played during the credits. The film was great, and was so wonderful to relive that night. The Renaissance show was incredible. It will take a lot to top the show, and the experience of being there.

This song is another two-in-one! It changes on the 2:00 minute mark exactly. One of the things I love most about this song is Beyoncé’s range of vocals. Not just in pitch range, but the emotion she gives with her voice. I really love the last few lines, and the harmonies and lyrics are beautiful.

No comments: