Prompt: "The most recent song you heard for the first time"
Selected by Pat
"Back to Your Place"
October London
The Rebirth of Marvin, 2023
I had a totally different song and write-up in mind until last Thursday, when I heard "Back to Your Place" on my car radio. I had forgotten my phone at home and was at the mercy of frequency modulation broadcasting. While scanning for something good, I was suddenly confronted with the smooth, sweet vocals of October London. When it ended, I only had two questions. One, had I traveled back in time while driving to the grocery store? This song sounds like it's been preserved in amber since 1978. Two, you're playing this song during the morning commute?! Are you out of your minds?! You can't play baby-making music like this while people are driving. There's going to be a traffic jam on the expressway because everyone is pulling over to get their lovin' on.
No comments:
Post a Comment