Prompt: "The most recent song you heard for the first time"
Selected by Laura
"yes, and?"
Ariana Grande
Eternal Sunshine, 2024
I just heard this song for the first time the other day on the radio. It's very Ariana Grande, but I kinda like it? I was excited when it came on because I hadn't heard it yet, and there's a lot of controversy around Ariana and this song. If you're not caught up on the hot celeb gossip, I'll fill you in...
In 2022, Ariana started filming for a movie adaptation of Wicked, staring as Glinda (the good witch). She and her co-star Ethan Slater (not cute) began a romance despite both being married to other people, and Ethan having a newborn child at the time (what a douche). They both claim they were separated from their partners before the relationship started but we all know they weren't. Ariana has gotten a lot of backlash for this, since she's a homewrecker. People are not happy! Even worse, she put a lyric in this song that says "your business is yours and mine is mine, why do you care so much whose (dick) I ride?" Bold move, Ariana. Since she seems to show no remorse for getting into a relationship with a married man who has a new child at home (he's also at fault), she's lost a lot of fans and followers on social media. I'm sure she'll gain them back again once Wicked comes out this year.
3 comments:
I'd say the bigger controversy is that, based on the title of this song, Ariana Grande appears to be taking some improv classes.
Looking forward to seeing this during a lip sync FOR YOUR LIFE next season because it's got Ru written all over it
I gotta say, I wouldn't be bragging about that man they way Ariana is. oooooofffffff
Post a Comment