Monday, January 22, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 11: Brianna

Prompt: "The song you think of when you think about your first crush"

Selected by Brianna


"Buddy Holly"
The Blue Album, 1994

Growing up in the generation of Jonathan Taylor Thomas and Justin Timberlake, I'm confident I'm not the only one whose first crush was a celebrity. I'm fairly confident, however, that my celebrity crush is one of the rarer ones for gals my age. Let me give you a few guesses:
  • He was a secondary character one a wildly popular TV show just a bit before my time
  • He is famously Italian American
  • His essence is straight coolness
Any ideas yet? A few options, huh? No, it's not Chris from Sopranos. Let's keep going.
  • He's got a pretty rad nickname and an equally memorable catchphrase
Getting closer now. There may only be a few of these out there! What do you think? Not Joey Tribbiani! Fine, here's an obvious one.
  • One specific storyline of his is so famous that its plot is used as an action word for shows trying a last ditch effort to give those ratings a big ole bump
Didn't get it yet? Wow, you're bad at this. Why don't you just watch the music video and I'm sure it will all become very clear. He has some killer dance moves in it. Then, go roast me in the comments.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Bri, this crush could be the direct result of watching too much TV with Dee Dee as a kid.