Saturday, January 20, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 10: Sara

Prompt: "A song with no letters in its title"

Selected by Sara


"1+1"
4, 2011

Any prompt with a vague "look for a title" makes me go to my Beyoncé catalog in my brain. It's just where it goes. I tried to make myself look further, but I couldn't. Ok, I mean I totally can. I just decided to land on the first song I could think of. 

"1+1" has no words or letters in the title. Actually, the album it's featured on is 4. So the album and the title have no words or letters. I'm not saying that I totally knocked it out of the park, but it's pretty much a lock that I did. "1+1" is a love song to Beyoncé's husband Jay-Z. A slow ballad with small crescendos to enhance the ~*love*~ and ~*sensuality*~. If you're a visual person, watch the video. It is very sexy, with a glittery gold Beyoncé singing into the camera. I would say NSFW if you read PoYB at work.

No comments: