Saturday, January 27, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 13: Galia

Prompt: "A song that's not about sex, but would be funnier if it was"

Selected by Galia


"Everywhere"
Tango in the Night, 1987

Pat, you really stumped me with this prompt! This was a fun exercise, though, so thank you for giving us all that. I'm truly in suspense for what everyone submits. So for my pick: Firstly, there are SO many songs about sex! Even ones that I thought weren’t about sex turned out to be when I looked at the lyrics more carefully. I also then did not want to defile any innocent songs by turning them dirty, especially because the songs that came to mind as easy to sexify were children’s songs. So I settled on a song that isn’t super funny when it’s about sex, but a song that is funny because, until today, I thought it was about sex, and I don’t think it is! "Do you hear me calling out your name," "I wanna be with you everywhere"!? Come on! Apparently it's more of an expression of romantic feelings, but also, what's more romantic than fucking everywhere you can?

No comments: