Saturday, September 28, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 139: Maeve

Prompt: "A song that has the same letter three times in a row somewhere in its title"

Selected by Maeve


"Smell like Money"
2 Chainz ft. Lil Wayne
ColleGrove, 2016

Three Ls in a row there. We did it, Song Challengers.

I don't have it in me to give this any more thought. In fact, I can't think about much right now without shedding a frustrated tear (controversial topic on the blog... crying, I mean). Instead, let's me list some things I've consumed in the past month or two that I loved:
  • The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives
  • the oyster martini at Picnic
  • the audiobook of This Is Why We Lied
  • the first episode of Bad Monkey (gotta keep watching)
  • all of the Phillies celebration social media 
  • Trap and the Josh Harnett renaissance (horny)
  • the Blank Check podcast about Trap
  • Cats: The Jellicle Ball
  • The Perfect Couple's opening dance sequence
  • my homemade dinner of toasted sourdough, burrata, prosciutto, basil, peaches, and hot honey
  • Mural City Cellar's Sauvy B that was bottled by Bridget
  • rewatch of Scream V and VI
  • the So Long, Sal from MidKid (for the millionth time)
  • All the Colors of the Dark by Chris Whitaker
  • Mr. Throwback
  • the Will Ferrell and Harper Steele ep of Las Culturistas 
  • Stereophonic (the Broadway play... I should do a whole post about how fucking incredible this show is)
  • The Idea of You (a.k.a. the horny movie based on Harry Styles fan fic, but has the most realistic movie depiction of a contemporary art gallery I've ever seen on screen)
  • a giant glass of pinot noir in a bubble bath 
  • The Ex Vows, a book with a terrible name and stupid cover that made me cry multiple times, but I can't tell if it's good or what I needed in the moment
  • a story that a friend told me about total strangers that had my jaw on the floor
  • the shrimp scampi I made with homemade angel hair pasta (my KitchenAid attachment is a godsend)
  • Funny Story by Emily Henry & This Summer Will Be Different by Carley Fortune—two summer romances with depth and stakes 
  • the crispiest coldest Miller Lite I poured into my Phillies souvenir bat cup during the "storm the field" fight with the Rays on my birthday
  • the free slice of Lorenzo's at Xfinity Live! I was handed also on my birthday
  • the first half of season 4 of Emily in Paris in which it felt like the "previously on" was completely new to me (I've watched every ep), and I devoured every minute of the dumbest show (in particular, her clothing has a chokehold on me—give me an unlimited budget and a free Nuuly subscription)
  • the audiobook of the deeply disturbing Strange Sally Diamond
  • all Doughboys eps, even the Doubles, but in the past month, particularly the Popeyes Wings ep
  • Sara's homemade basil salt
  • the PoYB Yearlong Song Challenge (reading, not writing)

1 comment:

Joe K said...

If I had a few extra minutes, I think I would rank these items from "Most Likely to Check Out" to "Least Likely to Check Out." The top of the list would be that Middle Child sandwich. The bottom? I dunno. Any podcast. Probably Las Culturistas.