This album is simply sexy. It feels remarkably consistent. The interludes make it what it is meant to be. I can't stop looking at the album cover. Somehow I can't distinguish between Big Boi and Andre 3000, and that's just fine with me. I can't believe that "Hey Ya!" isn't on this album, that after putting this out they still had the juice to create a song that good. Confidence and devotion to the project. Still, this isn't really an album I'm going to put on for a casual listen. I'm not sure what role it would occupy in my life. Does it make a statement? Does it make me want to dance? Not really. It's just good, and it deserves to exist, and that's better than good enough.
My baby used to dance underneath my architecture, we lost track of space, we lost track of time.
Friday, September 27, 2024
Stankonia, Zach
This album is simply sexy. It feels remarkably consistent. The interludes make it what it is meant to be. I can't stop looking at the album cover. Somehow I can't distinguish between Big Boi and Andre 3000, and that's just fine with me. I can't believe that "Hey Ya!" isn't on this album, that after putting this out they still had the juice to create a song that good. Confidence and devotion to the project. Still, this isn't really an album I'm going to put on for a casual listen. I'm not sure what role it would occupy in my life. Does it make a statement? Does it make me want to dance? Not really. It's just good, and it deserves to exist, and that's better than good enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment