Prompt: "A song about breaking the rules"
Selected by Maeve
"Break the Rules"
Charli XCX
Sucker, 2014
This song isn't necessarily about breaking the rules, but about wanting to break them. Still counts, right? The act itself is discussed? I myself relate, because boy, oh boy, I'm a rule follower. I was clocked pretty hard the other day when I was talking about how I think I'd love to drive a speed boat (because I love driving, especially in Manhattan or a place that keeps you on your toes), and my friend simply said, "yeah, I can totally see that, until other boat owners didn't follow the 'rules of boating' and you'd get so mad." Tough to hear, but not wrong. I mean, I recently got into my millionth fight with someone on my street. They didn't have their Presa Canario leashed in the park, and it ran across the street to try and attack myself and my dog. That's not a dog park, the gates don't close (clearly if a dog can run out of them and cross the street), but again, it's not a dog park. FOLLOW THE RULES AND LEASH YOUR DOG. I don't care how good the dog is, you don't know if mine is or how Gus will react. It's infuriating, sometimes rules really are there for a reason.
3 comments:
People not putting their dogs on leashes is probably my biggest rule-breaking pet peeve
This isn't Charli's fault, but this song is featured in a Verizon commercial that hits me before every single YouTube video I watch, and since that was my first exposure to "Break the Rules," I will forever hate it. Please don't take away my brat card.
Dog ownership can turn a person into a weird little freak (not you, Maeve). Also, HELL yeah to driving in Manhattan, I love that shit, feels like playing real life GTA.
Post a Comment