Thursday, September 12, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 132: Allison

Prompt: "A song about breaking the rules"

Selected by Allison


"I Fought the Law"
Colin Farrell
Intermission - Life Is What Happens in Between (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), 2003

Yes, that Colin Farrell. This version was easier to find on LimeWire back in the day...

I'm a rule follower. As an anxious person, I like rules when they bring order to an otherwise chaotic existence. Rules for health and safety—don't run on the pool deck, wipe down the gym equipment, wear a seatbelt. Rules that maintain decorum—mics will remain muted, candidates will have two-minute answers to questions, two-minute rebuttals, and one extra minute for follow-ups. Rules for morality and the betterment of society—don't lie, don't cheat, don't steal. This does not apply to minor shoplifting from major corporations or pirating songs in 2003. I'm not a total square.

1 comment:

Nate said...

A message to actors: please stop doing songs. Just do your pretend.