Thursday, September 26, 2024

It's Not Too Late: YSC, Day 137: Bridget

Prompt: "A song for which you could easily name 100 reasons why you love the song"

Selected by Bridget


Red (Taylor's Version), 2021

  1. The emotion
  2. The music video
  3. The SNL performance
  4. The fact that it's ten minutes long
  5. The fact that everyone kinda hates Jake Gyllenhaal now
  6. Talking about her virginity in a super vague way
  7. Perfect song for fall weather
  8. Specifically Dylan O'Brien in the music video
  9. Seeing this performed live was magical
  10. The phrase "fuck the patriarchy"
  11. The power this song gives me when I'm driving alone
  12. All the allegories made in this song
  13. This song really emphasizes how truly insane Taylor is for writing it
  14. The entire chorus slaps every fucking time 
  15. This song pisses people off
  16. There's nothing like playing this version on Touch Tunes
  17. An anthem for anyone who has been wronged by a boy
  18. The amount of time I've thought about the fact that she was 21 when this happened
  19. Love the end of the song when she finds herself
  20. The punchline "I'll get older, but your lovers stay my age"
  21. Reference to Twin Flames
  22. Her lipstick for this whole Red album
  23. The echo of "I was there I was there" at the end of the song
  24. The fact that she wrote this and it was shortened 7.5 minutes on the original release
  25. The phrase "sacred prayer" in reference to love
Only 25, but man, could I keep going... This is such a basic bitch answer, but the amount of times I've screamed along to this song, I couldn't resist. Hope this angers all the Taylor haters! Kiss kiss! 

No comments: