Friday, September 13, 2024

The Slow Rush, Erin


TSR debuted in February of 2020. No fucking wonder nobody knew about it right away. I didn't discover TI myself until 2022. 

Tame Impala is really a logical progression to the sad boii shit I (and maybe probably YOU, Dear Reader!) listened to in high school (and today) and the "Pursuit of Happiness My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" weed and 40-infused trip I went on in college.  

Best song (by miles) is "Lost in Yesterday." DON'T read the lyrics if you don't want to feel sad. Just live in ignorant bliss and bop your head to the beat and the 3/4 words you can kinda catch. 

Side note: their current best new song is "Neverender," but I don't think Record Club will let me review it on this current post so GO LOOK IT UP AND DON'T READ THOSE LYRICS EITHER OK.

I guess you could associate TI in the same hazy group as the Flaming Lips, MGMT, Beach House, any psychedelic dad rock-esque band (oh Christ did I really just seriously use the term "dad rock" in a review? What the fuck is wrong with me that my brain can't come up with a better fucking description besides DAD ROCK), guys, I'll be real here I'm pretty sure this review is just turning into another mindless stream of consciousness.

No comments: