Prompt: "Is it even a song? It's... yes, it's a song. Maybe."
Selected by Sunny
"ANSI.SYS"
MASTER BOOT RECORD
FLOPPY DISK OVERDRIVE, 2020
I was thinking about Nate's posts and his general love of bandcamp with this prompt. There's probably some weird jazz or spoken word thing I could have reached for today, but instead I went to bandcamp and clicked on that "experimental" button.
Gotta say, it's less experimental than I thought it would be in here, all considered. I expected half of these to just be noise and/or pain, but really most are slow beats, often forgettable. There's some real gems in there though, even if just in conception, like this Barbershop Simulator parody soundtrack. So many ideas are being crammed into that one that it doesn't really make sense taken as a whole, but the graphics and low-fi is still aite.
There are a decent amount of anime-ish sounding tracks, which scans. And then there was this surprise of an album that reminded me of my dear, dear keygens of yore.
1 comment:
Yeah, I wanna say this sounds like a song in the SNES Power Rangers video game.
Post a Comment