Prompt: "A sexy getting-ready song (but not literally 'Sexy Getting Ready Song,' which, to be fair, is really fucking great)"
Selected by Gilson
"Strange Religion"
Mark Lanegan
Bubblegum, 2004
Earlier this year, Pat already used "Goodbye Horses" and then left without having to deal with the wreckage he left behind by not letting it be an option for today.
I don't think that, outside of Buffalo Bill tucking his dick between his legs, I ever really considered songs for "getting ready." Every occasion that has required me to spend more than, say, two minutes getting ready is, like, a wedding, and I long ago gave up trying to control what kind of music is playing in those situations. This is for the benefit of everyone else.
I suppose I'll go with "Strange Religion." I think this song is sexy as hell and I've been called crazy for it before, but whatever. I also think "Inertia Creeps" by Massive Attack is extremely sexy. And when I was getting ready to go out, I'd say this is the vibe I'd most be going for. I wouldn't be successful in that vibe, but I'd try.
No comments:
Post a Comment