Monday, September 23, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 137: Sara

Prompt: "A song for which you could easily name 100 reasons why you love the song"

Selected by Sara


"Jungleland"
Born to Run, 1975

It's possible that Joe will actually be listing off 100 things today, as he did list 1000 things earlier this year. I can't remember how far I made it through that one, but it was not the whole list. In a shocking turn of events, I won't be listing 100 things. This song is amazing and special to me. It is my favorite song that I share with my dad. It's one of the first songs that really put storytelling in full frame for me to understand. It starts off with the best piano chords. I heard it played live at my first concert. It has an incredible saxophone solo that my Dad says he wants to play while he's lowered into the ground. It's very long and primed me for years of enjoying jam bands. Maybe the last one is an unfortunate outcome, but whatever. If any of you make it the whole nine minutes and 35 seconds, thank you! I appreciate yous guys.

5 comments:

Joe K said...

This is a good blog post, because it dares to say that the idea of liking jam bands is worse than the idea of your dad dying. Now give us 92 more reasons!!!!!!

Gilson said...

Easiest 9 minutes of my life. Also, not even the longest song chosen today!

Sara said...

I knew I could count on you!

Joe K. said...

I was having a tough day at work this morning, so I skipped "Jungleland," telling myself I would listen to it later (not that I haven't heard it a million times before). Bad day continued, got a report that I had to go out on. Left the office, 15 minute drive. During that time, XPN played "Jungleland."

Apparently it's Bruce's 75th birthday!

Sara said...

The universe is on your side today. GAMBLE IMMEDIATELY.