It took a lot to make it through this whole album. Cheesy music that isn't that good and exclusively runs on nostalgic vibes. Any song that begins with "I'll always remember Run-D.M.C. / and all the good times we had on the beach" both feels nice and makes me wince at the same time. "When It's Over" is nice, but it's the clear single, and the rest of the songs are just hanging on for the most part. "Ours" makes me feel OK, but doesn't have that "it" factor that a real nostalgic anthem should contain. Even "Words to Me," ostensibly the second most popular song on the record, is happy in its own mediocrity.
Why does Mark McGrath look so weird holding a guitar? He looks like he belongs walking down a runway, not playing an instrument. Was he ever meant to be in a band, or just in a fraternity? Is he nice? I think he's not that nice. I also can't tell if he's sexy. Objectively, he probably is. Does he still have blonde tips? Is Nick Hexum a real person?

No comments:
Post a Comment