Saturday, September 28, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 139: Allison

Prompt: "A song that has the same letter three times in a row somewhere in its title"

Selected by Allison


"uuu"
Field Medic
songs from the sunroom, 2017

This is one of those prompts that makes me feel like we're beefing. Is it just me? So, finding this song so easily felt particularly good. I didn't even have to look that hard. In your face, Puke on Your Birthday!

In other news, I was deeply humbled at an Aquacise class today. I am not the graceful mermaid I thought I was. I have to remember that low impact doesn't necessarily mean low effort. I have mixed feelings about workout classes. It's hard to let go of my insecurities in a group setting, even in a 9 AM Aquacise class at the Y. Those septuagenarians really know how to move.

3 comments:

Joe K said...

My thought process 300 days ago: "hmmm, yeah, let me make an easy one for the last Saturday in September so my pal Allison has a non-stressful time blogging after she wrecks her body in the pool."

sunny said...

I've always been amazed how the 'olds' (no offense to none meant) are so good at exercising. My old buddy posited that so many 70 and 80 year olds train for marathons and exercise like crazy and shit because, well, they're retired and have nothing else to do.

Maeve said...

Allison, I’m not kidding a few years ago I pulled my chest muscle doing aqua Zumba at the Francisville public pool. It was during the Jonas Brother’s “I’m a Sucker for You” and I think about it too often. I deeply feel this.