Prompt: "A sexy getting-ready song (but not literally 'Sexy Getting Ready Song,' which, to be fair, is really fucking great)"
Selected by Bridget
"Buttons"
The Pussycat Dolls
PCD, 2005
Gosh bring back the show Crazy Ex-Girlfriend! That show was pure magic for us Broadway and pop girlies! I'm happy to report that certain songs from the show, including "The Sexy Getting Ready Song," are part of the late-night YouTube videos I frequent. But in the vein of that song, I picked this absolutely electric song by the Pussycat Dolls. I feel like this song is on every generic "girls pregame" or "get ready for a night out" playlist. And trust me, I routinely pick those playlists to listen to while I get ready by myself for a night out with friends. So cheers to this song for being generic enough that everyone wants to listen to it while getting ready (at least per the Spotify algorithm)!
No comments:
Post a Comment