Prompt: "A song that made you cry in public"
Selected by Maeve
"We're in Love"
boygenius
the record, 2023
I am a certified crier. Sad things make me cry, beautiful things make me cry... I know I'm not doing well when I can't access that emotion at all. I recently cried at the Olympics Women's Basketball's gold game, because when France made the shot at the buzzer, the player had her foot just over the 3-pt line, which would have tied the game. Instead, France lost and USA won (the girls haven't lost any games in the Olympics since 1992), but the camera crew was so focused on the crying French women. So there I was, crying because I was sad they kept showing all of them be sad. Is this empathy or insanity? It's a fine line.
**This song made me cry on an Amtrak recently-ish, and while there was no one sitting next to me, it was very much in public.
1 comment:
Never heard of this band, any good?
Post a Comment