Prompt: "A song about a banana... yes, we're doing this prompt again! Fuck all the haters! If I want to hear songs about bananas I'm gonna make my friends and family pick songs about bananas, goddamn it!!!"
Selected by Gilson
"The Banana Song"
Michael Alvarado
single, 2011
To be clear, I did not know about this song off the top of my head. It came up on a google search, and let me tell you, I've never hated a person more than I hate the guy(s) in this video. I don't know if this whole thing is double entendre, because as far as I'm concerned, it's not even single entendre. Just some asshole singing about bananas and smoothies? Honestly, I didn't even get through the whole fucking thing.
This is what happens when parents don't tell their kids that they are bad at things. When I was a sophomore in high school, I took some kind of theatre class, and we were doing what basically amounts to a talent show where people choose to do something. Being the most untalented in the class and a little wiener kid, my plan was to play guitar and sing a medley of Green Day songs (the selection would not have been bad! "Warning," "Babs Uvula Who?", "Brain Stew," maybe "Welcome to Paradise"). I practiced once for my dad, and had the worst, most affected Billie Joe impersonation voice, and when I was done, my father said "the guitar playing was better than I thought it would be! Maybe you should stick with that."
He was right.
1 comment:
This stinks like something an improv friend would've made in college and forced me to watch and then when I try to find it ten years later they tell me it was "deleted" because it was "too embarrassing."
Post a Comment