Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 120: Maeve

Prompt: "A song that has the word 'title' in the title"

Selected by Maeve


"Title"
Meghan Trainor
Title, 2015

Well, once again, this is one of those prompts where I spent thirty minutes trying to find something that fit the bill, not connecting with any of the songs, and ultimately giving up and coming back to it hours later and picking the first one in the search history. This song is bad!!! We're all listening to it and I genuinely apologize. I feel like Meghan Trainor really was going for something with "All About That Bass" back in 2014, and I respect her for that, but man, that song stands alone. As does her TMI relationship with former Spy Kid, Daryl Sabara. They're constantly doing interviews that I do not care about or listen to, but somehow it floods my feed. For instance, why have I heard repeatedly about their side-by-side toilets? I don't want to know that. This probably ties into being (as I stated yesterday) too online. But also, girl has tried to release so many tone-deaf singles, including one called "Mother" in reference to the way that people use that word online... but wow, it missed the mark (according to me, idk live your life, enjoy Meghan if you so choose).

4 comments:

Joe K said...

We have a new coworker in our unit, and she came to my cubicle to say hi, and the first thing she saw was me watching a goddamn Meghan Trainor video. She didn't comment on it, which makes it so much worse.

Anonymous said...

Side-by-side toilets is disgusting. Trainer is an affront.

Sara said...

I hate Meghan Trainor and I hate that we both picked this awful song

Anonymous said...

I don't blame either of you, but this is rotten shit.