Saturday, August 31, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 127: Sara

Prompt: "The song you sang along to during a pivotal moment in your life"

Selected by Sara


"Pop, Lock & Drop It"
Huey
Notebook Paper, 2007

You know how when something happens time starts to split into the "before times" and the "after." Like how anything prior to 2020 is just the before times of the pandemic. A seismic shift that alters how you count the years. I have a few that always stick with me.
  • 2000: Started with Y2K in January and ended with me getting a baby brother in December, everything before was my childhood and everything after was the start of adolescence.
  • 2007: Graduate high school, baby brother cancer free, started at La Salle. Truly nothing from high school mattered once I got to La Salle. I finally found people who I fit in and felt at home with.
  • 2011: Graduate college. Keep life long friendships afloat almost fourteen years later via blogging. Don't tell this to drunk Sara in C2 yelling at Joe while eating gouda cheese in her underwear.
  • 2018: Met my husband. Blah blah love and stuff.
  • 2023: Give birth to my daughter. Blah blah love and immense birth trauma and stuff.
I'm sure there will be more pivotal moments. I'm sure there are smaller moments that were very life altering that will surface via another prompt. But for now, these are it and "Pop, Lock & Drop It" is specifically from 2007. Specifically a time when I did the dance on the way to Treetops on the football field (RIP La Salle football) with Maura just laughing away in a South Philly accent.

No comments: