Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 121: Allison

Prompt: "A song that would soundtrack a montage sequence of kids in the 1950s having some innocent fun in some cheap shitty Netflix movie with terrible cinematography"

Selected by Allison


"Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows"
Lesley Gore
Lesley Gore Sings of Mixed-Up Hearts, 1963

The lucky ones on this blog know my husband is a fantastic baker. He's modest, but he's very talented. It's a wonderful life. I adore being the baker's wife. There's always bread in the freezer, cake in the fridge, or cookies hanging out on the counter. It does come with a price, though. And I'm not just talking about the shelf storage I lose to endless containers of flours, sugars, and specialty ingredients. Every new bake is a test of my self-control. A test I regularly fail. It's worth it every time, though.

I have made
a plum
icebox cake
for dessert

I know you
are on a diet
and should not
eat sweets

Forgive me
it is delicious but
you don't have
to eat it

1 comment:

sunny said...

I often think about how Chief Wiggum always has this loaded into his car's tapedeck