Prompt: "A song performed by someone who isn't necessarily known as a musician first"
Selected by Sara
"Cruisin'"
Gwyneth Paltrow and Huey Lewis
Duets: Original Soundtrack, 2000
Well, well, well... if it isn't Record Club veteran Huey Lewis and his little friend Gwyneth Paltrow. Queen of the snake oil salesman and nineties movie star herself! I remember being obsessed with this duet when it hit the airwaves in 2000. I could not wrap my head around it being a movie star singing. My mom, a natural born hater but we love her, was always rolling her eyes at this song. Maybe because it's simple? Or possibly because Paltrow was "out of her lane?" I would ask my mom but I can guarantee she would never remember what I remembered. Isn't it funny how memories vary from person to person? I also don't think we can call eleven-year-old Sara a good barometer for honesty. We will let the people decide.
3 comments:
We should do a Record Club variant called Cinema Club, because I'm dying to know what everyone's thoughts would be on this insane, insane movie.
My first thought is: do Gwyneth and Huey have sex?
Jesus Christ, Joe! That's her father!
Post a Comment