Prompt: "Your favorite Disney song"
Selected by Nate
"Dos Oruguitas"
Sebastian Yatra
Encanto (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), 2021
Gilson has the right idea here assuming he uses it, so please go read and listen to his pick instead of mine.
Wish has made no impression on my children, and while I don't think it is specifically a dodge to pick something released under the larger Disney Music Group umbrella, which would allow one to select song from Breaking Benjamin, Sofia Carson, Lucy Hale, CB30, or the Suicide Machines(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), I want to stay true to what I see as the core component of the prompt. And so I must choose this tearjerker from the Encanto soundtrack because it is the best song on the thing. I don't love that this movie's climax can make me want to cry every time I see it, but unfortunately I have lived my life in such a way that grandparents are deeply meaningful to me. So it goes.
Wish has made no impression on my children, and while I don't think it is specifically a dodge to pick something released under the larger Disney Music Group umbrella, which would allow one to select song from Breaking Benjamin, Sofia Carson, Lucy Hale, CB30, or the Suicide Machines(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), I want to stay true to what I see as the core component of the prompt. And so I must choose this tearjerker from the Encanto soundtrack because it is the best song on the thing. I don't love that this movie's climax can make me want to cry every time I see it, but unfortunately I have lived my life in such a way that grandparents are deeply meaningful to me. So it goes.
1 comment:
I would've bet $100 on your choosing "Disney" by Meat Wave, but I'm really bad at gambling.
Post a Comment