Prompt: "A song performed by someone who isn't necessarily known as a musician first"
Selected by Gilson
"The Photograph Kills"
30 Odd Foot of Grunts
The Photograph Kills, 1995
Russell Crowe was fine as Javert. He also was not a "nonsinger" thrown into this rule. I'm not saying he's Hugh Jackman or anything, but he had this band before he got big. They are dogshit, sure, but they existed, and it seems like Crowe just enjoyed making really mediocre alternative rock.
Was Russell Crowe supposed to turn down this film? Have you seen some of the shit he's in? I love him, but come on.
Les Mis is not a musical, it is an opera.
The best version of Les Mis musically is the original cast recording, but the best film adaptation was the non-musical with Geoffrey Rush and Liam Neeson.
Finally, this thought: as an alcoholic, the funniest line in Crowe's The Nice Guys (itself an all-time great movie) is Ryan Gosling's character saying "I see you're drinking again, that's good."
Was Russell Crowe supposed to turn down this film? Have you seen some of the shit he's in? I love him, but come on.
Les Mis is not a musical, it is an opera.
The best version of Les Mis musically is the original cast recording, but the best film adaptation was the non-musical with Geoffrey Rush and Liam Neeson.
Finally, this thought: as an alcoholic, the funniest line in Crowe's The Nice Guys (itself an all-time great movie) is Ryan Gosling's character saying "I see you're drinking again, that's good."
1 comment:
Funniest non-line in The Nice Guys: Ryan Gosling's reaction when he sees Richard Nixon.
Post a Comment