Thursday, April 25, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 51: Zach

Prompt: "Your favorite Disney song"

Selected by Zach


"A Whole New World"
Aladdin (voiced by Brad Kane) and Jasmine (voiced by Lea Salonga)
Aladdin: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, 1992

I don't have strong opinions about Disney songs like some do. My choice for favorite song has to come down to something from either The Lion King or Aladdin, by virtue of my age and the VHS tapes we owned. I'm a sucker for sad and emotional. And I just like "A Whole New World" better than "Can You Feel the Love Tonight." It cleanly makes me feel the love story between Jasmine and Aladdin, and it doesn't need to do much more than that.

My real favorite pseudo-Disney song is "Tale as Old as Time (Beast in da Club REMIX)" by ManBoyLove. But it doesn't really fit the prompt. And it's a hard one to write about, for obvious reasons. With full respect and an open heart, I don't even know how to write about it. But I raise a glass to it as a video that I watch every few months. I fall on the floor laughing every time.

2 comments:

Nate said...

"We Found Love in a Hopeless Place" echoes into the night sky for you alone, brother.

Zach said...

Still one of the top moments I've ever had at a party.