Prompt: "...And now a song you would play if you were trying to end that party"
Selected by Bridget
"Landslide"
Fleetwood Mac, 1975
At Scranton, this is the song that closed the bar every Friday and Saturday night. Everyone would get around in a big circle and sway and sing it together. To me, it is a song that signals time to go home, time to rest, time to be with the ones you love. Usually this meant me stumbling out of the bar following this song and getting a side of General Tsao's pizza and sitting on my best friends porch until 4 AM (drinking more beers and smoking drunk cigs). "Landslide" talks about being afraid of change, and I think I viscerally felt that in college. But after all those changes, and the changes that continue daily, I'm thankful this song still holds good memories of closing out my favorite college bar with my best friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment