We moved out here because it felt like we were living among nature. I know that's not actually true, and that this is still the city, and that the woods are next to us and not among us necessarily, but I'm not talking about what's actually true, I'm talking about what feels true. Which, as we all know, is not the same thing. And usually maybe misconstruing the truth is a bad thing, but here, at the end of spring and barreling toward summer, in a town that feels separate from the big smoky industrial city that it remains technically apart of and within, maybe feeling good is okay. I mean, look how pretty those big ol' trees are. I don't live among the trees, but they're right there. I'm feeling pretty good about it.
My baby used to dance underneath my architecture, we lost track of space, we lost track of time.
Thursday, May 7, 2026
In My Place 126
May 6, 2026. 40.0731, -75.06941. See the updated map here. See all the blog posts here.
We moved out here because it felt like we were living among nature. I know that's not actually true, and that this is still the city, and that the woods are next to us and not among us necessarily, but I'm not talking about what's actually true, I'm talking about what feels true. Which, as we all know, is not the same thing. And usually maybe misconstruing the truth is a bad thing, but here, at the end of spring and barreling toward summer, in a town that feels separate from the big smoky industrial city that it remains technically apart of and within, maybe feeling good is okay. I mean, look how pretty those big ol' trees are. I don't live among the trees, but they're right there. I'm feeling pretty good about it.
We moved out here because it felt like we were living among nature. I know that's not actually true, and that this is still the city, and that the woods are next to us and not among us necessarily, but I'm not talking about what's actually true, I'm talking about what feels true. Which, as we all know, is not the same thing. And usually maybe misconstruing the truth is a bad thing, but here, at the end of spring and barreling toward summer, in a town that feels separate from the big smoky industrial city that it remains technically apart of and within, maybe feeling good is okay. I mean, look how pretty those big ol' trees are. I don't live among the trees, but they're right there. I'm feeling pretty good about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The trees in my neighborhood bring me so much joy and peace, too. Especially now that they’re green again. I always marvel at the HUGE tall trees that to are so old and so strong. It’s crazy to be around things that have been on this earth for hundreds of years, and while I also certainly don’t live amongst nature (Chicagoland suburbs), the nature I do have is lovely. Good to appreciate.
It is definitely wild to see those big trees around. We have a tiny tree in our backyard. It's 3 years old, and has doubled in size since we got it, but definitely still very small. I think about this sometimes, whether it will live to be 200, whether it'll be a tall tree eventually, just like its cousins in Pennypack Park.
Post a Comment