Friday, May 29, 2026

Midnight Marauders, Galia


Two songs into Midnight Marauders, had a brilliant idea for my post. I was going to not google what a "marauder" was and guess and write a blurb about why I thought it was a word based on what I thought of the album. Example: "guide" because this album and A Tribe Called Quest guided us though the vibes and rhythms we should be going through when out at midnight. "Orator" because they were sharing the sounds of midnight. BUT ALAS. My idea was ruined when the third (?) song shared what marauder meant. I guess y'all won't be able to experience the most creative brilliant post this blog has ever seen. Or maybe this is a lesson to me to not start crafting my blog post before I listen to the album in its entirety? 

Either way, I loved this album. It's just plan groovy. It's music and sound and soul that you could listen to up in a club, or on a road trip, or when you need to lock in with headphones at work to get creative juices flowing. I can almost smell the scent of a packed club in NYC with this album being performed, or someone's stoop on a summer day with this sounding out of a boom box. I will definitely be listening to this album again.

No comments: