I wake up to the screams of under-eight-years-old children almost every morning. They won't always be like this, it's temporary, but for now: constant fighting amongst them. It's not abnormal, though it is pretty jarring, in the seven o'clock hour.
So we go for a walk, me and one child, whoever the main perpetrator is on any given morning, and we listen to nature. It's a calming move.
I know a lot of the photos in this photojournal project have been generic pictures of trees and plants and whatnot. I'm sorry if it's boring. But this is my calming move, and seeing the lush greenery surrounding my home makes me feel good.
I accidentally took a picture from the same neighbor's backyard today as I did on Day 26. That's calming too, to see how things change so dramatically between seasons. Nature is cyclical, and that cycle is a balm.

No comments:
Post a Comment