Saturday, May 23, 2026

In My Place 142

May 22, 2026. 40.01356, -75.11913. See the updated map here. See all the blog posts here.


I mean jeez, this must've just happened. Whatever building was here—an old restaurant or whatever—it must've just been knocked down. I think it's weird that a construction company is spouting Jesus love on their banners. I think it's even weirder that by the time I passed this thing going the other way at the end of the workday, the building was completely gone and the fence and Jesus sign were both lying supine on the ground. This neighborhood that I am not in too often started their summer off by clearing out a building.

It's just interesting that I took this picture and it was so temporary that it didn't even exist five hours later. I want to document all that is fleeting this summer. Because, blink, and before you know it, summer will be over.

No comments: