It's the same argument as the black box in an airplane: why don't they make the whole vessel out of the material designed to survive that vessel's destruction? Why not build the entire apartment complex, scheduled to be completed exactly six months after this photo project's conclusion, out of the strong cinderblock material that you used at the beginning to make the fire escape? I don't know. I want to say it's a "cheap-ass construction scams of the 2020s" thing, but there might be some actual engineering reason for it too. Like how you can't build the airplane out of black box material or it wouldn't fly, something like that.
My baby used to dance underneath my architecture, we lost track of space, we lost track of time.
Wednesday, May 27, 2026
In My Place 146
May 26, 2026. 40.07626, -75.08248. See the updated map here. See all the blog posts here.
It's the same argument as the black box in an airplane: why don't they make the whole vessel out of the material designed to survive that vessel's destruction? Why not build the entire apartment complex, scheduled to be completed exactly six months after this photo project's conclusion, out of the strong cinderblock material that you used at the beginning to make the fire escape? I don't know. I want to say it's a "cheap-ass construction scams of the 2020s" thing, but there might be some actual engineering reason for it too. Like how you can't build the airplane out of black box material or it wouldn't fly, something like that.
It's the same argument as the black box in an airplane: why don't they make the whole vessel out of the material designed to survive that vessel's destruction? Why not build the entire apartment complex, scheduled to be completed exactly six months after this photo project's conclusion, out of the strong cinderblock material that you used at the beginning to make the fire escape? I don't know. I want to say it's a "cheap-ass construction scams of the 2020s" thing, but there might be some actual engineering reason for it too. Like how you can't build the airplane out of black box material or it wouldn't fly, something like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment