Every week I have to choose a picture for this space, and this week's choice was the easiest I've ever had. Cheers to all the Sla(yyy)ters out there.
According to PoYB, today is the first day of summer. Any big plans for today? Keenan's in Wildwood just opened ten minutes ago. I wonder if they are going to be playing Slayyyter on the speakers. Preston and Steve are usually there playing rock 'n' roll music, so probably not. But maybe.
What did you think of album? The reviews? Are we all convinced this is the album of the summer already?
Thanks for being here. It's gonna be a good season.

4 comments:
Happy summer, everybody! Keenan's in North Wildwood opened almost two hours ago, it's officially summer.
I am busy at work this morning so no time to rattle off my usual five or six comments (I'll still be around), but I just wanted to take the long view on this one, and say that it feels like this would be an album that, three or four years ago, everybody would have dismissed because it was too weird. Record Club has grown. Feels good. I appreciate everyone giving it a fair shake, and even mostly liking it. It was a fun album!
Hey! I liked that this felt kind of nostalgic for others too.
Off topic but I’m in Chicago this weekend and looking for recommendations (mainly record stores, cool places to hear jazz or house music , and vegan restaurants). Let me know if you have any suggestions!!
Glad I got all my blogging done for RC and MMM before I left and didn’t just skip it. Both were fun listens/topics
I was in Chicago for one long weekend and stayed blackout mostly the entire time. There was a booze cruise involved, and a strip club. And a Cubs game that went 16 innings. Unfortunately this is all I have for you, and even more unfortunately I am the only other person in this comment section today. You deserve good recommendations!
Post a Comment