Prompt: "A song featured in the 1993 Super Mario Bros. movie during the scene in which Mario and Luigi find themselves at the dance club with intentions of stealing the meteorite rock back from Big Bertha (and Bob Hoskins' Mario attempts to seduce her... Mario? More like Lothario!!)"
Selected by Nate
"Walk the Dinosaur"
The Nat O'Brien Band and Funked It UP! ft. their families
2020
The internet is an amazing place because you can go to YouTube.com and type in almost any song you can think of, then include the word "cover," and you'll probably find someone playing it, then you can use that song to get around arcane and stupid limits you placed on yourself for a maniac Song Challenge you agreed to on your friend's puke and pee blog. This is what all those scientists and HAM radio enthusiast died for when they created USEnets in the '40s or whatever.
I watched the 1993 Super Mario Bros. movie a lot when I was a kid. My family went through periods of having HBO: sometimes we had it, sometimes we just got the weekend-long sample that they used to broadcast from time-to-time. I can't remember which was in play around 1993/1994 when this fine film made it to the Home Box Office, but I remember watching anywhere from 30 to 75 minutes of this movie for about six months straight. This was before I had developed any taste and just thought that it was good because it had the same name as a video game that I liked. I'll bet there's a movement out there to reclaim this movie as a lost cult classic, and I'll bet Pat is either aware or involved. In my memory, the only thing that could really redeem this movie would be irony.
I watched the 1993 Super Mario Bros. movie a lot when I was a kid. My family went through periods of having HBO: sometimes we had it, sometimes we just got the weekend-long sample that they used to broadcast from time-to-time. I can't remember which was in play around 1993/1994 when this fine film made it to the Home Box Office, but I remember watching anywhere from 30 to 75 minutes of this movie for about six months straight. This was before I had developed any taste and just thought that it was good because it had the same name as a video game that I liked. I'll bet there's a movement out there to reclaim this movie as a lost cult classic, and I'll bet Pat is either aware or involved. In my memory, the only thing that could really redeem this movie would be irony.
4 comments:
Before he died on the way back to his home planet, Pat did indeed make promises about doing an Epimemeology about a "Walk the Dinosaur" meme for Puke on Your Birthday 1993 Super Mario Bros. Movie Week. I don't know that meme but that's not my job to know.
Guess we’re the only ones with taste today.
What else is new?
"The Nat O'Brien Band and Funked It UP!" forcing their families to feature on this youtube cover song has to be the most PoYB thing around
Post a Comment