Monday, August 19, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 119: Maeve

Prompt: "A song that has the word 'song' in the title"

Selected by Maeve


"Garden Song"
Phoebe Bridgers
Punisher, 2020

One of the worst parts about renting is that I don't have a garden. I do have a lot of plants filling my apartment, but I don't have beds of flowers. I genuinely feel like my life would exponentially improve if I constantly had vases of flowers filling my home. Something about the fresh smell and bright colors is an instant mood booster. I love flowers so much that almost all of my dresses are floral, and my surprise 30th birthday was "floral attire required" themed. Hanging out with me is just like Blake Lively promoting the doomed domestic violence romance movie It Ends with Us. (This is a joke that you'll only get if you're too online... like me, where she's promoting this DV movie as a light-hearted romp, repeatedly using the line, "Grab your girls, wear your florals, and head to the movies!")

4 comments:

Sara said...

I finished the book (brag) and I will NOT be grabbing my girls and running to theaters. I’ll wait for on demand.

Anonymous said...

Grab your girls! Get deep into some domestic violence, but S E X Y! This book and what it suggests about society is deeply fucked! Flowers!

Joe K said...

In an ideal world, I wouldn't know anything about this movie, and I wouldn't have any opinions on it before seeing it, and I would just be sitting here happy that Rafael from Jane the Virgin is finally attempting the leap to popular Hollywood film.

Maeve said...

@Joe, that's what I'm here for- a cultural guide for all the things you don't want to know!